How To Get The Perfect Manicure
How do you get perfect looking nails? What’s the right manicure for you? Here are our tips to have the perfect manicure:
- French Manicures—Always a classic look, French manicures make your nails look longer. Wear paler shades for serious moments like a job interview.
- Gel or Shellac nails—If you have a busy lifestyle, or you just want long lasting colour without the upkeep, this is just right for you.
- Your Skin Tone And Colour—Make sure the colour of your polish compliments your skin tone. For blue undertones, choose pinkish nudes, deep violet, fuchsia or cherry red. For olive and yellow undertones, opt for beige or white nudes, chocolates and corals. One trick when testing a new shade, use a piece of clear tape stuck to your nail.
- Choose A Flattering Nail Shape—An oval shape flatters most hands, but if you want to soften your look, go for a round shape. Square and “squoval” look best on long fingers. A pointed nail is more daring and makes nails look longer.
- For Smudge Or Chip—Dab a little acetone on the trouble spot and smooth it out. Once it dries, fill in the area with matching nail polish and a topcoat.
- First Aid For A Cracked Nail—It happens, so try this quick fix at home. Cut a strip from a tea bag to cover the nail. Apply a base coat then wet the tea bag strip with polish, and wrap it around the nail. Smooth it out and seal with another layer of polish.
- Prevent an “Oops!” moment—Get out your keys and wallet out before your manicure starts. This will help lessen the chances of an “Oops!” moment happening.